Addressing the Opportunity Gap is a community campaign to raise at least $100,000 to accelerate and expand our school district’s equity work. The Portland Promise, our schools’ comprehensive plan, has a goal of rooting out systemic and ongoing inequities in our schools.
Your donation will go towards:
- Additional supports for English learners
- Developing Wabanaki and Africana studies curriculum for our three high schools
- Purchasing culturally responsive books and resources, including texts written by Black, Indigenous, and people of color (BIPOC) authors
- Providing professional development preK-12 for teachers to understand the content and context of anti-racist curriculum and how it can be taught
- Recruiting, hiring, supporting, and advancing the careers of BIPOC staff members