Fall Equity & Innovation Teacher Grants
Each year, FPPS runs the Fall Equity and Innovation Grants Program, designed to support teacher-led classroom innovations which enhance learning experiences for students in Portland Public Schools in response to the Portland Promise. The program recognizes, rewards and supports teachers’ work to inspire students and improve learning outcomes. It responds directly to the Foundation’s goals to support educational enrichment, classroom innovation and community engagement by empowering teachers to invest in innovations they believe will have meaningful impact and reach, and experiences that involve expert content including field trips, guest speakers and professional resources to amplify educational engagement and attainment.
Final Report Form for Teacher Grants
Please complete the Final Report Form. Provide photos, video, stories, and/or other documentation about the project that can be shared by the Foundation for Portland Public Schools. All images of students require signed media consent forms that are on file with the school. Photos should be sent as High Resolution or Actual Size. Thank you!
2022-2023 Teacher Grants Schedule
Applications Available: August 31, 2022
Applications Due: October 12, 2022
Decisions Posted: October 28, 2022
Final Reports Due: June 16, 2023
Please send an email to: email@example.com with any questions.
FPPS Equity and Innovation Grant Applications are Currently Closed
Summer Innovation Planning Grants
*Summer Innovation Grants application window is now closed.* Please check back in early March 2023 for summer 2023 opportunities.
FPPS will offer up to $750 for individuals or up to $4,500 for teams of teachers (or other PPS staff) to engage in curriculum planning, school team collaboration, or other summer work intended to advance new approaches to student learning or otherwise prepare for the 2022-23 school year. FPPS Summer Innovation Grants are meant to support work that would not otherwise be funded in the PPS Annual Budget.
Please note, we are NOT encouraging PPS staff to work more in the summer. We know how hard you’ve been working and how tired many of you are. But…IF you plan to work, we want you to be compensated!
Applications Available: Monday, March 28, 2022
Applications Due: Monday, April 25, 2022
Decisions Shared: Friday, May 6, 2022
Brief Grant Reports Due: No later than Friday, September 30, 2022
Please complete the online grant application no later than Monday, April 25, 2022, at midnight. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Grant funds are only for PPS staff planning or collaboration time, at a rate of $30 / hour. Summer Innovation Grant funds can NOT be used for supplies, books, food, transportation, workshops, conferences, outside consultants, etc.
- Grant must be used in full prior to the start of the 2022-23 school year—this is summer work.
- Principal and community coordinator support is required.
- Group work is encouraged. We are unlikely to fund multiple applications from the same school.
- Applications will be selected based on impact on student learning, innovation, and alignment with Portland Promise and/or the district’s priorities.
- A very brief summary of the work completed will be due to FPPS at the end of the summer.