Fall Equity & Innovation Teacher Grants
Each year, FPPS runs the Fall Equity and Innovation Grants Program, designed to support teacher-led classroom innovations which enhance learning experiences for students in Portland Public Schools in response to the Portland Promise. The program recognizes, rewards and supports teachers’ work to inspire students and improve learning outcomes. It responds directly to the Foundation’s goals to support educational enrichment, classroom innovation and community engagement by empowering teachers to invest in innovations they believe will have meaningful impact and reach, and experiences that involve expert content including field trips, guest speakers and professional resources to amplify educational engagement and attainment.
Final Report Form for Teacher Grants
Please complete the Final Report Form. Provide photos, video, stories, and/or other documentation about the project that can be shared by the Foundation for Portland Public Schools. All images of students require signed media consent forms that are on file with the school. Photos should be sent as High Resolution or Actual Size. Thank you!
2022-2023 Teacher Grants Schedule
Applications Available: August 31, 2022
Applications Due: October 12, 2022
Decisions Posted: October 28, 2022
Final Reports Due: June 16, 2023
Please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
FPPS Equity and Innovation Grant Applications are Currently Closed
Summer Innovation Planning Grants
The Summer Innovation Grants Program is back!
FPPS will offer up to $800 for individuals or up to $5,000 for teams of PPS staff to engage in curriculum planning, school team collaboration, or other summer work intended to advance new approaches to student learning or otherwise prepare for the 2022-23 school year. FPPS Summer Innovation Grants are meant to support work that would not otherwise be funded in the PPS Annual Budget.
Please note, we are NOT encouraging PPS staff to work more in the summer. We know how hard you’ve been working and how tired many of you are. But…IF you plan to work, we want you to be compensated!
Applications Available: Monday, April 2, 2023
Applications Due: Wednesday, May 10, 2023
Decisions Shared: Thursday, May 25, 2023
Brief Grant Reports Due: No later than Friday, September 15, 2023
Please complete the online grant application by midnight on Wednesday, May 10, 2023. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Questions? Please contact FPPS Executive Director Andi Summers at email@example.com or 207-842-4658.
Summer Innovation Grant guidelines
1) Grant funds are only for PPS staff planning or collaboration time, at a rate of $40 / hour. Summer Innovation Grant funds can NOT be used for supplies, books, food, transportation, workshops, conferences, outside consultants, etc.
2) All PPS staff are eligible to apply. You can apply as an individual or as a team. Maximum awards are $800 for individuals and $5,000 for teams. Team members can only be paid for up to 20 hours of work ($800).
3) Grant must be used in full prior to the start of the 2023-24 school year—this is summer work.
4) Principal or director support is required.
5) We are unlikely to fund multiple applications from the same school.
6) Applications will be selected based on impact on student learning, innovation, and alignment with Portland Promise and/or the district’s priorities.
7) Grantees will be paid through PPS Payroll. Grantees need to track their hours and give them to the project lead with employee ID numbers for final payment.
8) In a final report, a brief summary of the work completed is due to FPPS by September 15, 2023. The project lead must submit a final report for all grantees to receive their grant money.